The Medical University of South Carolina’s Office of the Provost invites applications from MUSC faculty for the newly created position of Director, Center for Global Initiatives (CGI). This is a part-time employment opportunity at a commitment of 0.50 FTE for a minimum of 5 years with potential for renewal. The position requires an innovative and dynamic individual to lead the development of MUSC’s globalization strategy as part of the MUSC Strategic Plan and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SASC) Institutional Effectiveness requirements. The Director will shape a Center to advance our mission in research and education on a national and international scale. This position will report directly to the Provost and will be expected to help define the university’s globalization vision and build upon existing institutional strengths.
- Counsel the organization on key global health initiatives and strategy and explore the use of successful models internal to MUSC and externally to advance a global health vision.
- Work closely with faculty and leadership peers from throughout the University, including Deans, Chairs, Directors and senior university leadership to build consensus about new initiatives and MUSC strategies, and sustain long-term collaborations involving multiple administrative units.
- Serve as the Chair of a university-wide globalization committee responsible for providing strategic direction for the development, implementation, evaluation and sustainability of the CGI to facilitate inter-professional and interdisciplinary global initiatives.
- Establish long-term financial sustainability of the Center through the execution of successful philanthropic and grant strategies, and achievement of awards consistent with the global health mission and objectives of the University.
- Work with CGI resources and campus units to recommend institutional policies and procedures, standards and best practices, to enable the Center’s success for students, residents, faculty, and departmental administrators.
- Provide leadership for CGI staff responsible for international processes and services.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Candidates are current MUSC faculty members engaged in global activities. The successful candidate will be a recognized leader and respected scholar in global health, public health or related discipline, proven skills in administration, resource management, and program formation; and a record of success or significant promise in obtaining external funding for global initiatives from grants, contracts, and development sources. Candidates should be able to successfully develop interdisciplinary teams, and be skilled in establishing education, research and training programs. Preference will be given to faculty with a rank of Associate Professor or above.
Review of applications will begin September 10, 2012. The application deadline is September 17, 2012. All applications should include a letter of intent with qualifications, a current curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for three professional references to be contacted by the search committee. Please submit applications to Jenny Stone, Administrative Assistant to the Provost, Colcock Hall, Room 213. For more information, please call the MUSC Provost’s Office at 843-792-3031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.